Hello to all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capial

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyway, I am 90% sure I will be getting a 90G tank still thinking of the 55 for space.

My plan is to purchase the tank and furniture at the store and get the rest of the materials online, for better quality and price.

I have decided on a 2 things for sure.

I will have real plants
It will be fresh water

The more I read about canisters the more I think it is the best to go!
Please share the ones I should consider, as there are so many out there. Also, do I need to buy a filter that handles more than the actual size of the tank? Let’s say a 120G canister for a 90G tank?

Another thing I need help with is lighting. I have read a few articles here that got me even more confused. I want to achieve the rich colors; my understanding is that the plants and fish will benefit from it. Is there a site that tells what to buy for certain size of tank?

Thanks a lot!!
Capial

The Rena Filstar XP3 is a really good canister, no complaints so far.
Not sure on the lights, are you planning on a low light planted tank or high light with co2?

I have an XP3 as well and no complaints.

As for lighting, depends on if you will want to run CO2 or not. If only low-light plants, then you won't need CO2 injection. And depending on fish color, you could add in some actinics to bring out more blue as well. All depends on what you want.

:multi: :multi: :multi: Welcoem to AA, capial! :multi: :multi: :multi:
I love canister filters--for me, it's the only way to go.

For more detailed information on plants and lights (substrate and CO2), post in the Planted Tanks Forum.

Thanks for all the replies!

I have to read a little more about the CO2 on the tank. I think I want high lighting. Again, I need to research more on what type of plants. I now I want the grass like plant covering most of the gravel.

Once more thanks! If anyone else has anything to add it would be greatly appreciated.

Capial

Back
Top Bottom