Help?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had a 15g column tank with 4 platys, 5 tetras, 6 Rasboras. I set up a new 55g tank. I was told to put the old filter in the new tank and I could add the fish into the new tank Bc the old filter could handle the bioload. I did this and my 4 Rasboras have passed and two tetras. There is .25 ammonia after a few days, 0 nitrites and trace amounts of nitrates. I thought the pH of the water was the same but now I think it might have had a .2-.4 difference. Could this be why they are dying? How do I fix this? I don't want anymore to die

I have the quiet flow 20 from the 15g (that was cycled) running alongside the new quiet flow 55/75. I was advised that doing it this way would work but fish are dying and now I'm unhappy.

How long after the filter was put on the 55 did you add the fish? Im no expert but the filter in the new tank would have to run for a while to cycle the new tank. Also, maybe the fish were stressed by the move.

Theoretically the other filter is also running. Don't forget all my tests are normal. Ammonia is .25ppm which isn't overly high. So the move is all I can think or the higher pH

What else is in there with them? If there are other fish in addition to the ones from the 15 gallon that would explain the ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom