Help choosing fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so I guess I'll just add all the fish at once. I have not updated my list, I am going to the store today or tomorrow to scope out what they have and then Ill get back to you.

Alright, so I just got back from my LFS and Persmart. I have mixed feelings.

At Selmers-

Well, they had a lot of choices I guess, but they seemed to have different tanks with the same type of fish in it (in several). No rainbows!! :-(. I didn't get to really take my time looking because I had to be somewhere, but the overall quality of their tanks seemed to be great.

Okay, so I really liked their selection of Gouramis, they had a ton. They had some angels and a bunch of different tetras.Vast selection of neons, but I can't remember if they had rummys. I didnt write it down so I dunno if I missed them or not. How are gouramis? Do they pair up with tetras?

Petsmart had a nice selection too, including a Maccullochi (spelling?) Rainbow. However, I am not pleased with their tank and fish upkeep. Several tanks were infested with Ick and a few tanks had dead fish at the top.

I am still very unsure of what to get, except for the Gouramis (if they are good fish, help me out.) I know this post may seem confusing and I apologize.

Alright. So I really don't know what the hell to get. This sucks. I am going to look in the Yellow Pages again to maybe find some more fish places.

**Edit- I was looking through, and missed this place last time I looked.

http://www.aquariumadventure.com/tour.htm

It is about a 25 minute drive away from me. What do you all think of it? Look any good? I am speaking to a guy on the phone and he says they have different kinds of rainbows, which make me happy, along with rummys (which they are currently out of stock) I am most likely going to check this place out tomorrow.

Marconis said:
**Edit- I was looking through, and missed this place last time I looked.

http://www.aquariumadventure.com/tour.htm

It is about a 25 minute drive away from me. What do you all think of it? Look any good? I am speaking to a guy on the phone and he says they have different kinds of rainbows, which make me happy, along with rummys (which they are currently out of stock) I am most likely going to check this place out tomorrow.

That store has great stock, I just got rams and some rasboras there. They are a little expensive but the stock is healthy and they have a nice variety.

Alright. Since I found a store now that seems to have many many fish, how does this sound (work in progress).

6 Rummys
3 Cherry Barbs (Or maybe another kind of barb)
3 Rainbows (Unsure of the kind)
1 Cory (I have sand, is that a yay or a nay?)

1)Everything is compatible right?
2)If so, how much am I looking at spending?
3)Any suggestions of change are welcome, because this isn't official.

I think all of that is compatable, I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in.
YOu can handle more than that in your size tank, and from what I hear, the cory cats are much more fun in shoals of 3 or 4 or more.

I asked you what you were going to stock in your other thread so ignore that one.

Rams are nice fish. I have seen the Bolivians but will probably get a couple of Germans.

I bought some Cardinals yesterday and Zebra Danios. Both cool looking fish. Keep in mind, I have been spoiled with colorful goldies that are alot bigger and easier to see. Lol! These little guys are pretty cool though.

No matter what you decide get a couple of Panda Cories. Without a doubt they are the funniest fish with tons of personality!

Sand is fine for the cory as long as it's not sharp--[/i]but--I wouldn't get a single cory. They really like having others of their own kind and are much more playful and active when you have at least 3. I think you could easily have 3-5.

Otherwise, I think you're stocking looks good. (This is a 46 gallon, right?) :)

Back
Top Bottom