Help Dosing Microbe lift "Special Blend" for a 5-gallon Fluvial Chi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaChi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I own a 5-gallon Fluval Chi tank. While it is a beautiful tank I get that it is horrible for most fish. I keep a Thai import Betta in there, an assassin snail, suckerfish (otto-cat) and a few shrimp.

I recently did a complete water change in the tank and have had it running for a few days now, however, I want to put microbe lift in it as well to add helpful bacteria.

When looking at the bottle I realized that it isn't dosed for a tank that small. I am not great with measurements...but how much "Microbe Lift: Special Blend" should I be adding to my tank and how often?

Has anyone else used this stuff and feel prepared to help me?

Are we talking about an eye-dropper here?

Thank you in advance.

I have never used it but I can tell you I use a baby medicine dropper for dosing prime and ferts in my Spec V. Does the bottle say how many mL per gallons to add?

I ordered a new bottle (it arrives soon) and threw the old one out unfortunately. But when it comes in I will tell you. I think I have been overloading my tank though if you literally have been using a baby dropper for fertilizer & other additives in your tank water. I also have some aquarium salt, PH balancer, Leaf Zone plant growth formula, CO2 additive and soon the Microbe-lift.

Usually the bottle will say for example 10mL of prime treats 100 gallons so I divide accordingly to get 1/2mL for 5 gallons. I think this is why the products sold for bettas are usually diluted to make doses easier.

I think that what you said may be the right dosing...so how many droplets is 1/2 ML? lol.

I have been eye-balling it (I know) using the measurement cap and for most of the additives I mentioned above. I just barely cover the bottom (surface area) of the measurement cap so it doesn't even really measure on the line indicator on the side of the cap.

:fish2:

<Microbe-lift: Special Blend> instructions

Here is a photo of the dosing instructions. So how much should I add (with a eye-dropper) to a 5-gallon tank and how often? Any help is appreciated.

:)

Attachments

• microbelube2.jpg
    microbelube2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 439
Back
Top Bottom