HELP! I want to cure sick fish ASAP any suggestions? thanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah i see,

Well i added the treatment, left it in there with my filter turned off and the pads in a empty bucket. :roll: (its all a bit confusing today, im not feeling great and i have just read instructions for the fin rot/fungus treatment whilst having 4 bottles of different stuff infront of me!)

Then after 10-20 mins or so. I thought i'd better put the pads back in and i added some friendly filter enhanceing stress zyme.

I noticed when i tured my filter back on... The part whre the water normally flows out at quite a speed was hardly flowing at all :? I was thinking maybe i've burnt it out but i always turn it off before it comes out of the water?!

When you treat with meds normally you must do so for 5-7 days at least, and this is done while the filter is running- very important.

If you are unaware of any carbon (anything black in color in your filter?) then don't worry about it, run your filter as normal, treat the tank every day with meds per the instructions - it is just like when you are sick and have to take an antibiotic for 7-10 days, you just dose yourself every day until you are done.

If the filter is not running properly that is an entirely different matter and there may be a problem with the impeller or the filter media is not placed properly.

oh right, yeah my filter's done this twice now, but the first time i did it, it needed to be cleaned and after i'd cleaned it it was back to normal.

When i did clean my filter. My tank was at its healthiest beacuse all the fish and plants were full of colour and there was a really strong earthy, organic smell to it.

Now tho im trying to build up the amount of good bacteria in my filter and cleaning it will kill some and thats the last thing i need.

I really dont want to tamper with it in anyway cus im 1 of them people that will try to fix something and make it worse! :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom