Help identify disease??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey Magic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys one of my discus has a very faint red patch on its body. is their a good website with pictures to help me diagnose if it is a problem im not sure how to post pictures in this thread either so if someone could fill me in someone on here might be able to help

Can you post a picture? Is the tank cycled? What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate readings? What size tank and tank mates? How often do you change water? All of those things should be answered first to rule out or pinpoint a water quality issue.

to post pic click the go advanced button
scroll down till you see manage attachments
click it ( make sure you allow pop ups as screen is a pop up)
then click choose file
pick picture (or several pictures)
then click up load ( beware of there size some not allowed)
then post comment and there you go picture posted so someone can help
**edit i posted apic of one of my endlers so you can see these directions work

Attachments

• male endler.jpg
    male endler.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 41
Hey guys thanks for the quick reply yes ive been doing frequent water changes as i thought my tank was cycled then when i added the discus my nitrites whent up so ive done 40% ish eater changes each day for the last fortnight and now they are lowering with the help of seachem stability im not over stocked with fish either they are stock with a couple of neons my levels are 6-6.5 ph nitrite under .25 ammonia slightly above zero and nitrates 5 that was yesterdays results also no loss of appetite thanks for the info on the photos too!

Attachments

• image-2890941805.jpg
    image-2890941805.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3973413408.jpg
    image-3973413408.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom