Help. I'm colorblind.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Girlfriend and I can't tell what color this is. Most likely due to me staring at these tests too long. Care to help?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467246660.542890.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It looks between 1.0-2.0 (ppm ammonia). Probably closer to 2.0. Typically one holds the tube against the white color chart for the comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did. But I couldn't quite tell with that. Not good light. So should I dose my ammonia up? ( sorry haven't done a fishless cycle in years)

Ok. I know that ecos guide said around 1 ish it's been 8 days and nothing :/

So you've got 1-2 ppm ammonia and zero nitrite/nitrate after 8 days? Is filter media new? If so, it may take a few weeks before you see any changes. Using seeded media from another tank, you can cut that down to about 1-2 weeks tops.

Yeah. Brand spanking new. I've been out of the hobby for awhile and just now got back in.

Another test question. When I test my PH...like it's red, like cherry red on the high PH test. On the lower PH test, it tests dark blueish. The red color isn't even close to the chart. Any ideas?

Another test question. When I test my PH...like it's red, like cherry red on the high PH test. On the lower PH test, it tests dark blueish. The red color isn't even close to the chart. Any ideas?

That is odd. Are you adding the correct amount of drops of reactant to each tube? Are the tubes clean? What reaction do you get when you test your tap water?

Test tubes are clean. And I've read the instructions a million times.

Tap is the same although, I am not gassing the water off. Could the ph be higher then what the high ph test can see? And if so, will that effect my cycle?

After installing my co2 for my plants. I tested my ph this morning. It seems to have come Down significantly and looks to be somewhere on the chart. IImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467379328.620936.jpg

I apparently high very hard water ?

Back
Top Bottom