Help Me ID My Fish! Any problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I haven't seen you around here in a while! Anyway, for stocking, what I normally do is figure out first what size fish I can have for my tank, then I find what fish I like (the list is normally very long). Then, I eliminate the fish that I can't have for some reason, for example, if your tank is planted and you find that a fish eats plants, then you might not want it even if it is the appropriate size and you like the looks. Or if the fish is sensitive to water parameters and you don't want to put the extra work in to keep it. Anyway, there are lots of reasons. Then, narrow it down to a list of fish that you like, and can have. Then start composing the list. Rank the fish on your list that you like most in order from your favorite, to your least favorite. Then start with your favorite, find out if that schools, etc., and choose how many of that kind you want. Then write that down. Keep going down the list until the list you made completely stocks your tank. Then, find out which fish you should add first, and which later. Hardy fish should be the first added, then the medium fish, then the fragile fish. For example, rams should be added to an established tank (some say). Anyway, for your tank, I would do:

Clown Pleco (the one you have)
Centerpiece fish (some sort of dwarf cichlid, like rams/kribs/apistos, or maybe a dwarf gourami.
2 schools of 6-8 schooling fish

Back
Top Bottom