Help me, I'm a beginner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hailey beginner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really have fallen in love with Kuhli loaches. Their snake like bodies are just so awsome to watch swim around a tank. I'm receiving a 20 gallon tank for christmas. I plan on having 2 male fancy guppies and 3 female fancy guppies. I also plan on having 6 neon tetras or cardinal tetras (I havn't made up my mind yet :lol: ) I would love to have kuhli loaches in my tank but I don't know if I can have them in my tank. I would like to have 4 kuhli loaches in all, is that too many for a 20 gallon? Also if you have any other fish recomendations for I would love to hear them. This tank will be planted for sure.

I recommend at least 6 or as many as 9. They do better in groups. You will need lots of places for them to wiggle through. I have 9 in my 29.

IMG_1942.jpg

They use the vertical space too. On top of the rock. In the Java fern tree too. As well as on the bottom.

IMG_1955.jpgIMG_9462.jpg

TMaier I love your kuhli pics. Very true about them hanging out in vertical spaces. I see mine resting on my heater/filter plumbing all the time. Right now I have some plants floating and caught one today resting on a leaf of one of the plants, on top of driftwood...

I agree though, if possible I'd go with 6+ of the Kuhlis. Just make sure you have places for them to hide/wiggle under. They are fun to watch after lights out, zooming from one side of the tank to the other, round and round in circles, etc.

Back
Top Bottom