Help me Learn Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystal Queen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 60gal aquarium, had weather loaches, tetras, neons, and live plants, well lightning struck my house and literally fried everything. I don't think I can get another loach, I loved my guy, could hand feed him and play with him with my hand.

At least the tank itself is fine, but everything else is gone. I'm going to have several months to learn and research before my house is livable again. I was thinking about getting cichlids, something totally different, no plants just complete 180 for freshwater. I know nothing about cichlids other then they are beautiful. Any good sites on their care, tank set up, any and all info, please, I want to use this time to learn and research, so when the house is fixed I know who to set up my tank properly then after cycling the tank I can start stocking. Thank you so much for your time.

Amanda

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You can do Google search on African cichlids or South American and Central American/New World cichlids. There's a large selection depending on what your personal interests are. Of course, there's several of us on here that can answer any questions you have about fish, tank set up or equipment.

Back
Top Bottom