Help me plan my 40 gal long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This will be my first planted tank. I currently have a saltwater reef, so not completely new to aquariums.

I have a ton to learn so bear with me. I plan to set up an Amazon River biotope Here's what I think I am getting. Please throw in what else I will need or should change.

40 gallon long tank + stand
48" 2 lamp t5ho aquaticlife fixture. Please recommend bulbs.
Some type of HOB filter. Again, recommendations.
Miracle grow +playsand for substrate
A liquid carbon source
liquid fertilizer
A circulation pump (if needed?)

Am I missing anything?

For filter, I would do an aquaclear 70. I don't know about plants, but I can give you good suggestions about the fish. I have a 20 gallon amazon biotypeish tank. Its in my signature. It is unplanted. I would like to have plants, but I decided that I wouldn't try them on my first tank.

For filter, I would do an aquaclear 70. I don't know about plants, but I can give you good suggestions about the fish. I have a 20 gallon amazon biotypeish tank. Its in my signature. It is unplanted. I would like to have plants, but I decided that I wouldn't try them on my first tank.

Thanks. I definitely want to do a school or two of tetras. I've heard rams can be hard. Any issues with yours?

Oh yeah and I will have a heater of course.

I don't know about lighting. I said my tank is a biotypeish because I use gravel, not sand, and it doesn't have plants and the lights are pretty bright. I don't know much or anything about lights.

EDIT:
But my fish all come from the amazon river area.

Back
Top Bottom