Help me set up my new tank! (Plecos and snails?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand... I can't have just one plec lol. Putting more driftwood allows for Just 2 clowns anyway. (theyre territorial against their own) They usually keep to each one of their stumps, but they invade eachothers homes from time to time...

It's better to add the girls all at once, because addin more girls later will confuse them and make the current inhabitants angry because they have to keep adjusting their hierarchy.

I see... That makes a lot of sense! Thanks!

Ok so if I'm right this is your current stock?

1 male beta or 4 female betas
? Cory cats
2 apple snails
Amano shrimp( maybe about 10?)
2 clown plecos

Mostly right!

1 male betta (or female, I guess. Doesn't really matter if it's one.)
~5 (or more) Harlequin Rasboras
1 or 2 apple snails
~5 Amano shrimp
1 clown pleco

Mostly right!

1 or 2 apple snails
~5 Amano shrimp
1 clown pleco

I would just stick with the single male betta rather than a sorority. Are you sure you want amano shrimp? They sadly don't breed in fresh water so won't ever have any babies.

Mostly right!

1 or 2 apple snails
~5 Amano shrimp
1 clown pleco

Sounds good!!
Keep us updated with some pics of the tank, that's a pretty sweet stock!

I would just stick with the single male betta rather than a sorority. Are you sure you want amano shrimp? They sadly don't breed in fresh water so won't ever have any babies.

Yes! I'm not planning on breeding those guys.

I got everything today! Well... mostly everything.
I have yet to purchase the amano shrimp, as my lfs didn't have them in stock. Apparently someone bought them out recently. Along with the Harleys. VEEERY FISHY.

Anyhow, I brought home:
1 clown pleco
1 mystery snail
5 5-striped barbs
1 male betta
3 "bunches" of live plants (don't remember the name, I'll post later.)
1 AWESOME driftwood that stands up and looks like a tree!

Everyone seems to be doing great in there, just exploring around! No fighting yet!
I've taken so many pictures. But I'm about to pass out for some sleep.
I feel bad, but I'll either upload them later on tonight, or tomorrow. I'm sorry for making you guys wait! You've helped me BUNCHES! Thank you!!!

I got everything today! Well... mostly everything.
I have yet to purchase the amano shrimp, as my lfs didn't have them in stock. Apparently someone bought them out recently. Along with the Harleys. VEEERY FISHY.

Anyhow, I brought home:
1 clown pleco
1 mystery snail
5 5-striped barbs
1 male betta
3 "bunches" of live plants (don't remember the name, I'll post later.)
1 AWESOME driftwood that stands up and looks like a tree!

Everyone seems to be doing great in there, just exploring around! No fighting yet!
I've taken so many pictures. But I'm about to pass out for some sleep.
I feel bad, but I'll either upload them later on tonight, or tomorrow. I'm sorry for making you guys wait! You've helped me BUNCHES! Thank you!!!

Man I can't wait to see the tank! Looking forward to seeing the layout tomorrow :)

Here's the link to a few of the (phone quality) pictures I took!

Note: I'm waterlogging the awesome piece of driftwood, so it looks kind of barren in there atm. I'll upload a pic of it if you guys want to see it :p

I'll definitely be adding more to the tank... especially plants. There are only three in there right now.
nNJeU4E

Thanks!
I've done some more research.

I'll probably be going with a clown pleco, a few neon tetras, a betta, possibly an apple snail, and maybe a couple angelfish in the future. Does this sound like a good plan?

I'll definitely be picking up some driftwood! I might try a live plant, but I'm sure someone (*cough, cough* PLECO) will try eating it, so I'll have to opt for fake plants eventually.

ALSO, I'd absolutely love to add some invertebrate into the mix, but I realize they wouldn't be compatible with this set of fish... or are there any that would be?

:bb:

I'm sorry but a 20 gallon is just not big enough for angelfish

Back
Top Bottom