Help me upgrade my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callisto9

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a 6.6 gallon planted tank and already have the itch to upgrade. Space is at a premium in my house, but I did find a small, narrow spot in my bedroom that can fit a tank 24" or less wide.

What do I want? A moderately planted tank. 29gallons or under (but more than 10). Stand optional.

Can I do a planted tank with LEDs? I feel like I can't. I don't plan on dosing ferts of using CO2. Just want to do WCs and enjoy the fish. :)

Anyone have a tank/kit they'd recommend? Looking to spend $300 or less. I'm not picky about glass or acrylic.

Thanks in advance!

Not all plants requireCo2 I think. You could try looking on the classifieds here or you could go to craigslist.

I have several plants that are doing great right now with no CO2.

I don't really want a used tank. I have looked on Craigslist and other local sites, but the stuff on there looks like it's from the 70s. LOL Faux wood paneling is not a style I want in my bedroom. :lol:

I have the money to spend, so I'd like to know what other people have in the 20 - 29 gallon range.

I have a 30 and love it. What I say is get the biggest tank you can get. Then you can stock.

I probably wouldn't go with the Marineland because its at the higher end of your budget yet it does not have all the essentials.

I probably wouldn't go with the Marineland because its at the higher end of your budget yet it does not have all the essentials.

Yeah, I agree. I should just build the setup myself, but the kits do appeal to me. I'll have a look around at the LFS this weekend, but I have a feeling tanks there will be more expensive.

That Tetra looks okay. Get the heater and other stuff and you should be good. The top fin is good too.

Here it is.

Attachments

• image-2287271755.jpg
    image-2287271755.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3011729169.jpg
    image-3011729169.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom