HELP! Micro bubbles still attacking! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I diagnosed mine to either water level and filter. I don't think it's the airdrome. But anyways. The filter spurts the bubbles out. Then when I turn off the fitter in 10 minuets the bubbles are gone. So it's something with the filter. I raised the level and as it did help, was worried about the center brace as I didn't want to go above that. So anyways. It's the filter, any suggustions?

Can u post a picture of the inside of your filter while its running?

If it is the filter, can you take it back and exchange it?

also if it is the bubble wand too, you could try a little less powerful air pump or if you put rocks, aquarium gravel or riverstones over it it can slow down the bubbles some.

The tank pics look good!

I'll post a picture of the inside tommorrow, but all i know as of right now is when I turned off the bubble wand the bubbles stayed the same. I have a marineland penguin 200b

I diagnosed mine to either water level and filter. I don't think it's the airdrome. But anyways. The filter spurts the bubbles out. Then when I turn off the fitter in 10 minuets the bubbles are gone. So it's something with the filter. I raised the level and as it did help, was worried about the center brace as I didn't want to go above that. So anyways. It's the filter, any suggustions?

If you are into DYI you can build a lip extension for the HOB. Here are some pics for a lip extension for the AC50 ( though it can be applied to most any HOB). You'll need sturdy scissors, pliers, and a section of that plastic strip that comes with the hinged glass covers. If you've cut a section out for the HOB and did not throw it away, then you are in luck. Most LFS sell the plastic strip separately in the lighting supply section. Hopefully the pics are self explanatory. You cut the strip to the width of the HOB spillway. You want to make two bends:

#1. Bend the section of the strip that has the part that grips the glass hood downward about 45 degrees

#2. Bend the strip lengthwise along the middle about 45 degrees upward

Next, use pliers to pinch the part that grips the glass hood in one or two areas. Do not apply too much force. This will allow the lip extension to grip the HOB spillway and not fall into your tank.
You will have to adjust the bends and see what works best with your water level.

Attachments

• image-1952181700.jpg
    image-1952181700.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-988214168.jpg
    image-988214168.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-786354064.jpg
    image-786354064.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4273772481.jpg
    image-4273772481.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 80
Note to previous post: the plastic strips can vary depending on the brand. The Marineland brand were very thin and flexible and a breeze to cut. The Aqueon brand was very thick and I needed to use my monster scissors (they look like small garden shears) to cut it. It was difficult to work with.

Back
Top Bottom