help ? mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so i let mom on a wb site to see what she liked heres what she came up with
btw i never should have showed her fish
what will work for a 30 gallon
might split between 2 30 gallon
please give a good stock re arange if you must

how can i keep amonia down she is ordering online and wants to do it all at once

3- ember tetra
3- rummynose tetra---------------------must have
3- bleeding hart tetra ---------------------must have
4-cherry barb----------------------------must have
3- longfin blue danio
1- red dwarf cockatoo cichlid -----------------must have
1 orange dwarf cockatoo cichlid ----------------must have
1 bolivian ram --------------------------must have
4- bronze cory ------------------musthave
2- purple het rasbora
1 reg het rasbora
1 porkchop rasbora
1-zebra loach---------------must have
1 clown pleco------------------? must ? have
it is

First off there is absolutely no way that all of those species would ever work in any size tank. So from what I read I'm assuming you want to put all of that into a 30 Gallon tank....once again wont happen. You need to figure out what type of filtration you want and the size of it and then cycle your tank, and then rethink your fish selection. For instance Tetras should be kept in schools of minimum of 6 for each species in a fairly well planted tank to keep them from becoming stressed. The cichlids are an ENTIRE world within themselves that i would advise you do ALOT of research on and learn their water needs, and how to chose according to the african lakes and not mix species. The cichlids alone would need a fairly large 55+ gallon tank and cichlids that are compatible are the only thing that could go into that tank. Some of the other listed fish could be put into a community tank with the correct number of their own species, but with a 30 gallon your very limited to what you can choose. I would STRONGLY advise to do alot more research before you purchase any fish, it will save you alot of money, alot of time, and alot of heartache and really big issues in the future.

the chiclide are pecfull comunity
tank is cycled
and the water is at tere medium need if you look i said you can rearang or give me a better idia
and 5 minimum is sagested
and i have guppy grass and a cory so i know about fish i keept a goldfish pond and a 200 gallon when i was 10 dude be resanble

Not being mean just letting you know, I'de hate for you to spend alot of money and then be disappointed when it failed. So lets see what we could possibly do here. First, what type of filter are you running? Second, Planted or not? ( Other than the Najas Guppy Grass) Third, what are you kind of wanting? Fourth, Since you already have a Cory what species is it, and i would start right there by adding 4 or 5 more to have 5 or 6 in total, they should be kept in a group.

it is a bronze it had ich only surviver of the school and he is working on growing wiskers back gote them eat of by a oscar from it last owner so it is geting sepecial help for a few weeks tryed ading a buddy but its buddy tryed to kill it so it is solo for a few weeks and i am geting a sword next week
were going for peacfull coler full and playfull
rummy
barb
bleeding hart
and cockatoos are firm and corys the rest is optinal

and a tetra 20-40 and a tetra wisper 20 i am geting 1 bronze and 2 albino best i can do for now on the cory
We are working on a day filter for a 50 gall

So you are using in tank filters, i would be careful with your stocking level since they are known to not filter as well as some HOb or canister filters. Also, what substrate are you using? Corys are best kept on a sand substrate, rather than a gravel, the gravel tends to ware their barbs down. Have you treated the tank that had ick? Ive treated it in my QT tank by increasing the heat gradually to 88 Degrees and leaving it there for about 4 or 5 days, if the tank was not treated then its still present but would only survive if there is a fish present. Well, ide say since you have the cory increase them to 4. And then do 5 rummy and 5 bleading heart, and i would say with your filtration your done. Although it is your tank and you can do what you want. Or, the corys and a few Cockatoos (im not that familiar with them) But i wouldn't put more than 12-15 fish max in that tank with that filtration. Look into getting an Aquaclear 70 for your tank and then your stocking ability will drastically increase. See what others have to say throughout the day.

The filter is stronger then most we modified it it is travel but he is in a bare bottom for awhile and did treat and with no fish in at 90 for about 3 days now but we got the Cory at84 and he is doing good

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And we will switch to sand in a few month if possible
Cockatoos grow 2-3 inches males can be territorial and flash fins but that is it they have bright long fins and are peacefully and are playfully
Cab be kept with non finniper tetra danio gourami barb rasboras act ect

Good deal, I advise sand over gravel, easier to maintain. Keep checking back to see what others say throughout the day.

ok so i let mom on a wb site to see what she liked heres what she came up with
btw i never should have showed her fish
what will work for a 30 gallon
might split between 2 30 gallon
please give a good stock re arange if you must

how can i keep amonia down she is ordering online and wants to do it all at once

3- ember tetra
3- rummynose tetra---------------------must have
3- bleeding hart tetra ---------------------must have
4-cherry barb----------------------------must have
3- longfin blue danio
1- red dwarf cockatoo cichlid -----------------must have
1 orange dwarf cockatoo cichlid ----------------must have
1 bolivian ram --------------------------must have
4- bronze cory ------------------musthave
2- purple het rasbora
1 reg het rasbora
1 porkchop rasbora
1-zebra loach---------------must have
1 clown pleco------------------? must ? have
it is

If I were you, I'd do this stocking-
30 gal #1
8 rummynose tetras
8 cherry barbs
I'm concerned about the nippy bleeding hearts, I'd do 6 in this tank.
6 bronze Cory
1 Apisto (cockatoo cichlid) male, or a male/female pair

30 gal #2
1 Bolivian ram
1 clown Pleco
6 zebra loach (be cautious, they can be nasty)
8 harlequin rasboras (porkchop)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

I think I will go
2 cockatoo
1 Bolivian ram
5 cherry barb
5 Cory
5 rummynose tetra
A loach
3 danio
5 rasbora

You shouldn't do a single loach and only three danios. I would also not mix a ram with apistos if they're a breeding pair.

You need to spend more time researching the needs and compatibility of the fish that you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You shouldn't do a single loach and only three danios. I would also not mix a ram with apistos if they're a breeding pair.

You need to spend more time researching.

I am going TT get both males more then likely if I get a pair I have the spare
And I was told a trio is OK on danio
And ten dollars for 1 loach is bad so I will skip unless I got a yoyo loach

Blue Danio is a shoaling fish. You'll need at least 6 or they'll get stressed. Loaches are social fish that need to be in groups of 4-5 min.

I would also advise against doing multiple species of cichlids in a 30 gallon tank. Male cichlids also tend to fight each other over territory. Do a single cichlid or one pair of cockatoo apistos. Your tank size will not allow for more without problems.

Lots of info at these links...

http://theaquariumwiki.com/Main_Page

http://aqadvisor.com

OK I might just go get a 50 gall long

Back
Top Bottom