Help my fish are dyeing !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on whether you are seeing ammonium or ammonia. Nessler and salicylate based test kits give a positive reaction to both.

Nitrate suggests you have cycled the tank.

What does your nitrite read?

He says both nitrite and nitrate are 0. Plus with all he has in there it's pretty unlikely he managed to cycle it that fast.

jglover - my nitrate went up 5.00 by morning and ammonia .25
will keep partial water change and will see

If you use Prime to dechlorinate, it will also detoxify the ammonia for 24-48 hrs. The ammonia will still be usable by the beneficial bacteria while you're establishing your bio-filter. It will also detoxify the nitrite that will eventually appear. That way you don't have to keep using spring water.

oh i used top fin conditioner and api quick start
is the prime different?

OMG you guys're so helpful

than i will buy and try it by tomorrow since i have to do partial water change. but the question is can i use it? doesn't matter i used different before???

Prime just about the best water conditioner you can get. It's very concentrated so you need less than the others. A capful does 50 gallons.

For a biological starter, Dr. Tim's One & Only is the best one I've ever used. If you decide to try it, get it from his site rather than at a store. That way you can be sure it's fresh.

Back
Top Bottom