Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And when I put the water back in do I use the (tap water liquid) to take the chlorine out of the first water ??

If I were you I would find out how many litres your bucket is by filling it up with a measuring jug then check the directions on the back of the liquid it will say 5ml per 10 litres or something like that and add the liquid to the bucket first. Do you have a heater in the tank?

Yes and you will find that wc's are at least a part of the cure for any problem you have. If you follow the advice given to you in this thread you will be fine

Ok that's lovely thanks people will keep it updated and let you know how I get on

Be sure to switch your heater off. They get really hot when they are not under water and can break.

Do you know anyone else who has a fish tank?

What started out as a gift for your kids could turn out to be a brand new hobby for you.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yer I will make sure that my heater is off and yer I'm starting to find that out I thought it was easy to start but really not as easy as I thought and how long would I need to leave the heater off for

Yer I will make sure that my heater is off and yer I'm starting to find that out I thought it was easy to start but really not as easy as I thought and how long would I need to leave the heater off for

Just until the tank is refilled. It might not be easy to start but once you get through the starting learning curve and initial cycle then things start falling into place and it gets easy :)

Hello people been to pets at home today with my water had it tested with API tester they told me I need a water change ASAP as the no3 and no3 was way to high one one purple and the other was red they said I'm shocked that I still had fish told me to do a 30 liter water change do I have I've used tap water safe with it been told to go back on a few days to have it tested again hope all goes well keep you updated thanks for the help

No I didn't get round to do it yesterday as I have to go work at half 2 this morning so every think had to be done today mate

My fish look south happier now the water has been changed now I think that good is it not ??

Ok, part of the hobby is doing water changes whenever ammonia or nitrite get over 0 ppm and nitrate gets over 30 ppm. You need a test kit to test it. API Freshwater Master Test kit is really one of the best you can get. It is cheap on amazon or ebay.

I have order one yesterday but for the time till it comes I used pet at home one that's how I found out what was up with my tank mate

I have order one yesterday but for the time till it comes I used pet at home one that's how I found out what was up with my tank mate

Good job you didnt buy the test kit at pets at home its double the price.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom