Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I've only been doing this for about 5 mouths and still leaning about it

You understand about ammonia, and nitrates right? So now that your tank is cycled it creates nitrates at the end of the process, target levels are below 20ppm, in a heavily stocked tank nitrates are going to be higher. Your doing a 25% wc would be taking 100ppm down to 75ppm. Not that effective.. Atleast a 50% wc will cut the nitrates in half.. You should be testing your water too, making sure that your levels are not getting out of control..

Ok then so the water on taking is not enough for the fish I have in the tank so if I do a 60 % would that make it a little better

Ok leave thanks ?

Uh that was a little rude.... I would take brooksters advice he has some great tank, and knows what he's talking about.

As previously mentioned your tank is overstocked, and needs some attention, but with a lot of water changes and a couple rehomed fish your tank could look great!

you have bala(silver) sharks? What size is your tank? They are a schooling fish, very active, and get huge. We're talking 200+ gallons minimum to keep those guys. Are you maybe talking about a different silver shark?

sorry that post was supposed have posted hours ago. not sure why it just posted. I don't want to beat a dead horse :p

Back
Top Bottom