Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can any body help me I lookes like my fish are really Scalae and losing weight not to sure why haven't yet had the water tested but done a water change help me please

are they eating properly? I'm guessing you said "skinny" not "scalae". How long have you had them? What does their poop look like (white? brown? stringy? fat?). Is it the overall fish or just the stomach area?

Seems like your always having a major issue star daddy.. Been keeping up on those weekly water changes?? Yes.. When in doubt change it out... The solution to pollution is dilution..

And yes been doing a weeky water change but not really to sure why it's happen and yes give me 20 mins and I will upload pics of a few fish with this problem

Were their bellies sunken in when you got them? Most typically we see this when you buy an unhealthy fish at the store. My guess (shot in the dark) would be internal parasites. The #1 thing you can do for your fish is keep their water PRISTINE! Make sure you are doing regular weekly water changes, and gravel vacuums. All the meds in the world won't help your fish if they are living in poor water conditions. Just because it looks clear, doesn't mean it's healthy. Pictures would help. Google internal parasites and read up/compare to what your fish has. If you confirm that is what they have, invest in a medicated food for parasites as well as keeping your water conditions very good to optimize healing.

Don't feel bad, sometimes you get a bout of bad luck. I had ick and dying fish for a month or two before I finally got everything squirrled away. I was so sick of water changes by the end too! It was horrid.

No they wasn't like it when I got them it's only happend over the last few days done a water change and though it would be ok my wife rings me today and tells me I've lost my two silver sharks and don't no what to do

No they wasn't like it when I got them it's only happend over the last few days done a water change and though it would be ok my wife rings me today and tells me I've lost my two silver sharks and don't no what to do
how much water do you change? I'm guessing your tank is over stocked, under filtered and under-cleaned.. 2 bala sharks?

It's 120 liter and it has 6 neons 2 pleco 2 koi cat fish 3 red tale sharks 5 big Molly's 3-4 guppies 2 Lemon Tetris and about 10 plattes

Wayyyyyy overstocked and anything less than a 50% wc or 60 liters is not helping.. Until you make the neccessary changes you will continue posting "help please" every month... Sorry if I come off as rude but we all have offered you good sound advice on numerous occasions to no avail... Best of luck

If you insist on keeping all your fish, which I'm guessing you do.. You'll really need to change 60 liters every 5 days, that will help, can't say you won't run into continuos problem buts it's certainly a step in the right direction, it will also help your sick fish heal better..

Ok then thanks do I do a water change today as did one yesterday of 30 liters

Back
Top Bottom