Help please - Nanocube or Biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking for any pros/cons to a couple different tanks I am trying to decide between. The 24 gallon Nano Cube by JBJ or the Coralife BioCube 29 gallon Aquarium. Want to set up as freshwater and will most likeley do the fish in. Also, I have well water will that be easier or harder to cycle? I am very new to this as I have always only had Betta in a 2 1/2 gallon.
I am enjoying reading all the great info on here and checking out others tanks pictures.
Thanks,
Terri

Hi and welcome! Do you know what kind of fish you would like? That might determine what kind of tank to get. Horizontal swim space in both is fairly limited compared to a rectangular tank so you might want to think about that too.

I have a freshwater biocube and really like it! I did modify the lights and filter but it's a great tank and looks cool too!

I would go with biocube... I have one and they are great! Very easy to take care of and the filter system is great too! Are you thinking of doing a planted tank?

Yes, planted and I think fish in to cycle. Any ideas about the difference in well water instead of city water? Does that make a difference in the time to cycle?

Are you going to have driftwood? Because in my tank it has caused many problems and it usually slimes over in the begginning so be patient!

Yes, planted and I think fish in to cycle. Any ideas about the difference in well water instead of city water? Does that make a difference in the time to cycle?

I would not use city water you should get water neutralizer to get out all if the chlorine and other nasty stuff of the like that could harm your fish

I would not use city water you should get water neutralizer to get out all if the chlorine and other nasty stuff of the like that could harm your fish

I know I need to use neutralizer I just meant I have well water not city water and wondered if well water is easier to work with (cycle) as opposed to city water that they add so many chemicals to.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I am still very much in beginning stages of learning what I can before buying anything but pretty sure I want to go with the 29 gallon biocube.

I know I need to use neutralizer I just meant I have well water not city water and wondered if well water is easier to work with (cycle) as opposed to city water that they add so many chemicals to.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I am still very much in beginning stages of learning what I can before buying anything but pretty sure I want to go with the 29 gallon biocube.

I'm pretty sure well water would be easier but not positive

I just tg my Biocube. It's going to be saltwater, and my first tank. But I do know a thing or two about freshwater!(I was originally getting a freshwater 10 gallon, as a matter of fact.)
Personally, it depends in what you would have to make less moderations to, what's easier to maintain, what's more attractive, what gets the best bang-for-your-buck, and what houses what fish, and if a planted tank, plants, you want.

Back
Top Bottom