Help Stocking my new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cmurphyswag

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there, I've recently gotten my 55 gallon long tank up and running. It is now ready for fish! Right now All I have in it is a German Blue Ram (Saved it from a very disgusting tank!) A Blue Gourami, A Bango Catfish, and 3 baby Kuhli Loaches. (About an inch long, ordered them offline expecting decent size and got them lol) So now the fun begins, what kind of fish would you recommend. I'm leaning to have a community tank so that I might have a variety of fish. Any ideas?

Also looking for ideas for my 10 gallon tank that Is cycling right now.

You could put some neon tetras in there tgey are a schooling fush so get at least 6

I would go for a school of top dwellers as dither fish. They will help make the single fish (Rams, etc) feel more comfortable as when the dither fish are out and about they know it is safe to come out too. Danios work well for this but get at least six or seven to make a nice school (I would go with seven but I like odd numbers), or maybe some Marbled Hatchet Fish.

i would get a mate for your ram - that would be fun. mine swim around together

I'll have to look into hatchets. And as for a mate I want too. Just gonna find a place to buy one

So if you could help me, I'm thinking my ram is a girl but I want to be sure. Here are some pictures, thanks!

Attachments

• image-626370980.jpg
    image-626370980.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1485092135.jpg
    image-1485092135.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2698717835.jpg
    image-2698717835.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 78
I don't see any pink in the belly so I'm going to vote male. Other folks are better at sexing them then me so hopefully they will chime in.

Alright, and about the danios. Would giant danios do the same thing, distract the aggressive and calm the community? Or should I stick with the small ones or hatchets?

I am going with a boy as well. I am new at this so hopefully someone else can confirm.

also you could add harlequin rasboras - have them in my 90 gallon, I love my cherry barbs in my 20 gallon they are fun too. hatchets jump so make sure you have a good cover for them but they are cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom