Help wanted with knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leomorales

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon tank for over I month already with goldfish everything is going fine good ,but I see the tank too plain I would like some plant on my tank but I don't know what to do to get starting like what plants should but or how to start?? If someone knows how to plant a tank please help me ??

Elmer morales

Most goldfish will rip plants up with no thought given to it but there are some hardier plants such as Anubis I belive that can with stand there nibbling.

I have a 20 gallon tank for over I month already with goldfish everything is going fine good ,but I see the tank too plain I would like some plant on my tank but I don't know what to do to get starting like what plants should but or how to start?? If someone knows how to plant a tank please help me ??

Elmer morales

Plants need light and nutrients. You will need a bulb that will stimulate photosynthesis and nutrients that the plants can use to build grow and remain healthy.

Stem plants like elodea and cabomba are good for beginners. Other plants like water ferns, water wisteria, java fern will work.

You should have a bulb in the red/blue end of the spectrum. Most people go for a colour temperature of around 6000 kelvins as this provides the perfect wavelength. You can then dose liquid fertilisers with each water change. Carbon dioxide is important and the more plants you have the more you will need. Fertilisers will provide essential micro nutrients like iron, potassium and phosphates etc. they also need calcium and magnesium. If your water supply is hard (high in mineral content) then you may not need to worry as much about nutrients.

Insufficient amounts of any of these will result in plant deficiencies but it's really not that hard.

Trial and error.

Back
Top Bottom