Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

help with 20g planted tank setup

recently i had bought a 20 gallon tank (thanks to the $1 per gallon sale at petco) but i have not yet started doing anything. right now i have a 10g tank that was running smoothly for a while. unfortunately it started getting mirky (i think because of bacterial bloom) and then i went away for two weeks and left the tank in the hands of my family. now im not saying its their fault but when i came back it was in extremely bad shape, so i took the fish back (which i was going top do anyways because i did not like the stocking) and now i am planning on starting anew and want to avoid all the problems that i had before.

i have a bunch of plants that i had potted but i want to be able to let them just grow in the tank. please give me any advice on what to buy (heaters, filters, lights, ect) as i have not bought anything yet. also please help me on just setting up the tank in general, i dont know exactly what to do in terms of substrate and have no idea of what a sump is, so any advice will be helpful. also any stocking recommendations would be nice.

Tags
20 gallon, advice, fresh water, plant, planted, planted aquarium, planted tank, plants, setup, tan, tank set up, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com