Help with fish selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gal. hexagon cycling right now, I would like to have very colorful fish but not sure where to start. Any ideas? or websites to visit? Thanks!!

I would suggest guppies (just cause they're bright and active, also hearty), you could try tetra's, mollies, maybe a pair of angels or some gourami's, hmmmm maybe some platy's, goldfish might also work if you want a diff. tank.

4 or 5 Rainbowfish as a centerpiecewill be beautiful! They are very very colourful. have a look at the different types: celebes, praecox, bosemani, turquoise just to name a few.

To put with the rainbowfish you could have two schools of different types of tetra, congo (these are the most colourful i think), neons/cardinal (second most colour), black neon or rummynose.

Also a group of corydorus catfish will just about complete it

There is a profile of the bosemani rianbowfish and the congo tetra in the AQuairum Advice profiles

I might be alone in this idea, but our Tiger Barbs have been awesome. You can't help but laugh sometimes when you watch them.

fishprofiles.com, badmanstropicalfish.com and liveaquaria.com are good places to look that have pictures and an easy database to search. Post back with the fish that catch your eye (also go to the lfs and see which fish you are drawn to) and we'll help with stocking.

Back
Top Bottom