Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Unhappy Help with fishless cycle

Okay I posted this earlier and now I can not find it . I am trying to cycle a new 150 gallon fish tank using the fishless cycle I am ready to give up. I started on Christmas Eve. I keep my temp at 82 degrees at all times and I have a planted tank. My nitrites are off the chart but my nitrates seem to stay at around 10 for about 4 days now. I am trying to keep the ammonia level up to 4ppm but goes down to .50 to 1 about every 2 to 3 hours I added nothing but the aqua safe plus to my water when I filled it and done a partial water change do to my ph starting to drop. Now I have to keep adding the ammonia every few hours to keep it up to 4. I use the API test master kit. I am seriously getting very frustrated with it. Do you always have to add the ammonia that often or is there something wrong here. If I leave it over night it is at 0 ammonia off the chart nitrites and 10nitrates. I know it takes awhile but I can not keep up with the ammonia needing done so often. Any body else do this fishless cycle and have to add it that often or am I just doing something wrong.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your other post is under general discussion

Tags
cycle, fish, fishless, fishless cycle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com