Help with fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susieqhu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay I posted this earlier and now I can not find it . I am trying to cycle a new 150 gallon fish tank using the fishless cycle I am ready to give up. I started on Christmas Eve. I keep my temp at 82 degrees at all times and I have a planted tank. My nitrites are off the chart but my nitrates seem to stay at around 10 for about 4 days now. I am trying to keep the ammonia level up to 4ppm but goes down to .50 to 1 about every 2 to 3 hours I added nothing but the aqua safe plus to my water when I filled it and done a partial water change do to my ph starting to drop. Now I have to keep adding the ammonia every few hours to keep it up to 4. I use the API test master kit. I am seriously getting very frustrated with it. Do you always have to add the ammonia that often or is there something wrong here. If I leave it over night it is at 0 ammonia off the chart nitrites and 10nitrates. I know it takes awhile but I can not keep up with the ammonia needing done so often. Any body else do this fishless cycle and have to add it that often or am I just doing something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom