Help with new 55g filter? light? suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basslover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok. I have 3 bass they are very small (pinkie finger size) and currently in a 10 gallon. I have a 55g long tank a friend gave me. I have done the "clean" with bleach, beacuse at one point it held reptiles. I know about the needs and such for keeping bass, just don't need advice on filter choice. Bass are mess, like turtles, and there will be/ is sand in the bottom of their tank. They like colder water, so no heater. I looked at the Eheim canister 2234 and 2336, and the marineland magnum 350 pro and deluxe ( unsure the bonus of a bio-wheel). Still unclear the difference between a easy, pro or deluxe model. I don't want to spend a fortune but don't want a huge headache in maintance either. They are a home schooling project for my kids. Also, my tank is planted. I know I need a single compact fluorescent light, 48" and suggestions on where to find a cheap one or one cheap? Or can I convert the light from my 10 gallon tank somehow using a better bulb. I am eager to get the new tank up, cycled and running as soon as possible, I plan on using the 10g tank for their food, guppies. Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom