Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help with plants in 1.5g

I am new to the hobby of aquarium keeping. I have a few questions about my tank.

I have a 1.5g tank, which I know is very small, so I do not plan on keeping any fish in it. I do have a snail in there, as well as three plants and a marimo moss ball. I've had the tank for a month now and the plants for a day. I had all fake plants with my snail until I realized that real plants would be better for the snail.

I need to get a testing strip package to do all the testing as to find out exactly what my parameters are. The temperature is at 72F today, which is the first day I've put in a thermometer.

I am curious what my plants are in the aquarium. I believe I have one java fern, and two anubis nanas. When I look them up online, the anubis' look quite different than mine, so I am a little curious if I don't actually have any anubis'.

1. Would someone be able to tell by looking at my aquarium pictures what the plants are?

2. I am also wondering if I put my plants in my aquarium properly.

3. My snail hasn't moved as much since I've added the plants yesterday, do snails need to adjust to plants being added?

4. Would adding a few shrimp be overload?

I hope it is okay that I haven't added pictures here and that you can go to my album to see the ones I posted today to help me on this. If I should add the pics here, please let me know.

Thanks so much in advanced for any help!

Old 08-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Those plants don't plant. The rhizome must stay above the substrate. Tie them to rock/wood loosely. I've never figured out how to see an album from my smartphone.

Tags
help with plants, plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com