Help with setting up a new 50 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minabug

Aquarium Advice Regular
I took on the job on cleaning and taking care of this fish tank at my work that was neglected. All the fish died but one, which I tried to save but the poor thing still didn't make it.

I'm going to be redoing the tank. What fish can get along with each other and would look nice together? It's for an elementary school so I'm hoping to make it pretty for the kids.

Also, what's a good power filter? The one in the tank hadn't been changed since October roughly and the whole filter is shot now.

Thanks so much!

Hi Minabug, before you think about stocking the aquarium with fish please take some time to read the article below, it's essential you fully cycle the tank to ensure the fish you put in there will have a safe clean environment in which to live, please don't be offended by the title lol!!.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

if you have any questions there are members here who will be happy to give you the answers you need. good luck with the tank, I'm sure the kids will love it.

Pete

Thanks for the help all.

I will make sure the tank is cycled first.

I'll look into all of those fish. I really want to get an algae eater for it, as they've had one for the longest time.

Back
Top Bottom