Help with Substrates and such :P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody, I have been stalling on setting up my tank until I got my decorations first but I had some questions about substrate.

I was looking at Volcanit Aquarium Substrate, 15 lbs. by AquaMedic - AquaCave simply because I like the way they look. Can I get some advice if this is an okay substrate?

I am looking to get some low light beginner plants for my tank and I was just wondering what I should be looking for when purchasing substrate and any other decorations. Thanks for any help!

OH! sorry last note, I have a 40 gallon bowfront and I was just wondering how much substrate I would need. I am going for a decorated "painting" looking tank where I would like a creative outlet

That seems like a great substrate. You should probably put around 45-50 pounds of substrate since it is going to be a planted tank.

Looks good, but it's going to cost you. 2.5"-3" is the recommended substrate depth for a planted tank. I put 50lb of play sand in my 29g to get about 3" of depth. This stuff is probably less dense, so you'll get more volume for the weight, but I still think I'd order three bags.

Back
Top Bottom