Hermit Crab Tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I am getting a hermit crab soon and I was wondering if I put packing tape on the corners (where he silicone is) would the crab be able to get out? Also can hermit crabs have pine shavings (like for guinea pigs) where their bed is?
(its odd but I have a place where the hermit crab can sleep lol . BTW I have everything I need for thwe hermit crab so i just need the answers to those questions please!)
~Keep Swimming~
Luv4bettas :fish2:

There are only a few members I know of that know hermits on here. Maybe check out crazyhermitcrab's youtube

What type of cage is it? I don't think I would put tape on the inside of the cage. I feel like the crab could try to eat it and it would be toxic or either it would get stuck on the tape and pull its pincher off. You can get a locking hood if it's just a regular glass aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used to have them, they are adorable :)
i wouldn't do the tape unless there is a specific reason you want the silicone covered.
I used sand for my substrate, and I had a cave thing for them to hide in rather than a bed.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom