Hey guys am new and want to share info on our fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleco_fan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys just joined and wanted to share info! to start with, some of my barbs are constantly darting up and down the glass and one has nutted the boat a few times could there be anything wrong they ae new fish so woudnt know how they usually act. plus got a new baby plec hes soo cute lol, and wanted to know if theyre are any special ways to look after them or should a treat it like the others? ive got a 10" common plec which is 2yrs old ut he was as ypoung as this one when i got him. hope to hear from someone. check out my pictures and comment :)

Hi, and welcome to AA! What size tank are we talking about here? Also, what are your current water parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, Temp?

its a 80liter tank, dont know that in gallons and i havnt got a new test yet but a few weeks ago everything was spot on

Hate to break it to you, but that's only about 20 u.s gallons, and that's way to small for a common pleco. I would strongly suggest you upgrade to maybe a 55 gallon (no clue what that is in liters) at least, or consider rehoming the plecos. If it's not a common pleco, and is a bristlenose or something, then your doing fine. Welcome to AA!

i know just saving the money as we speak, hes happy thank god he take cucumber from my hand etc lol i know hes grown but u just cant walk out and bring home a large tank just like that i aint planning on letting him get ill from space just have to wait a few months id say late april,

Ok. Just making sure. You never know what the LFS's will tell people these days. *sigh*

a friend of mine has seen the tank and says its fine as long as it aint forever. i mean the tank is still 4x the size of him so i dont believe im being cruel it takes time n money to upgrade and cycle. i know how to handle hes just had a major growth spurt lol. i wouldnt harm an animal.. anyways please check my pics let me know what you think . thank you for the kind advice other people have spoke to me n made me feel 11yrs old for having a pet which has grown quickly

or when i 1st started and they tried to sell me 7 fish for a 9 gal tank 2 guaramis 2 mollies 1 plec red tail shark and a kribensis chich who are territorial anyway. glad i knew my **** n took only 3

Back
Top Bottom