hey there cycle complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cberchiolli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got my 55g tank started about four weeks ago seems like the cycling is completed.. All the levels are down after a couple spikes of all.. The fish i have are 3x zebra danios, 3x bala sharks, 2 angelfish, 2x corydora catfish, 5x tiger barbs, 3x red tails, 1x algae eater.. i have several live plants as well... is there any thing else u recommend to do? One of my angels bullys the other.. Any answer for that?

cberchiolli said:
Just got my 55g tank started about four weeks ago seems like the cycling is completed.. All the levels are down after a couple spikes of all.. The fish i have are 3x zebra danios, 3x bala sharks, 2 angelfish, 2x corydora catfish, 5x tiger barbs, 3x red tails, 1x algae eater.. i have several live plants as well... is there any thing else u recommend to do? One of my angels bullys the other.. Any answer for that?

Usually angelfish are peaceful, so I am not sure what would be causing the bulling, but I wanted to say that the tiger bards are fin picker's. So they might run around nipping at the other fishes fins and I would keep an eye on that.

Angels can be bullies. Try adding more plants/cover to break up sight lines in the tank. You may have two males that are establishing territory.

FYI, those balas will quickly outgrow your tank.

My one angel bullies the other. It was better before I eliminated all of the fake plants that I had. Now, there is nothing to break up any sight lines in my tank. It just so happens that the angel that gets bullied is bigger than the actual bully so it now pushes back and is able to defend itself.

I would do as BigJim says and break up the sight lines in the tank. What he means by that is rearranging or adding decor that will give the angelfish the opportunity to get away from each other and basically not be able to see each other. Most times, this is done with taller plants, fake or real.

Back
Top Bottom