Hi Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, wow, I have a lot to respond to. Firstly, yes, I already have the log and he's obsessed with it!!! [emoji177] I honestly don't plan on adding any other fish to this tank (especially a BN pleco, as they get far too large for a ten gallon). I do appreciate the suggestions, I am just quite pleased with the four babies that I have. But sometime in the future, I definitely plan on getting either a twenty long or a thirty bowfront, then switching everything from the ten over (obviously including the babies in it) and then adding 6-12 Cories. Also, just to let you all know, I bought three Amazon swords and they really make the tank look great. Most of the pics that I'm going to post in a second here are before I added the swords, but I'll add one full tank shot that includes them. Later I'll see if I can post some pics of the snails. Thanks for all the help you guys! ❤️

They love the logs! I also had the sinking log [emoji106] that he loved when he felt like being at the bottom.
Agreed on the ten being slightly small for the BN. Although it may "suffice" with just the betta, I also put the comfort of fish foremost. I wouldn't say they get FAR too large though... but the More room the better. They would thrive in like a 29 or or a long 20 maybe. Just throwing ideas, hypothetically of course. I wouldn't put one in a ten gallon, but I certainly wouldnt think of you as irresponsible for doing so as compared to say another type of pleco! [emoji23]

Nice looking tank. Does he use the leaf hammock? My betta only used it when it was inside his log. [emoji23][emoji23]

Beautiful wisteria/sprite!...? I've successfully kept many demanding plants and my wisteria and water sprite always died! Still haven't come to a conclusion as to specifically why. Have yet to try again. [emoji19]
Good luck with Bernie!

Max

He never used the leaf hammock, plus I heard things about the metal inside of it rotting so I got rid of it. Thanks for the complements on the plants! Those were actually peacock ferns. They all died, though. I'll also look into the sinking log! Thanks! [emoji225]

You might have better luck with wisteria, they are low light and pull nutrients right from the water :) they make a great bed for the Betta, and mine loves to play in a top that I trimmed off and replanted to propogate new plants Image1482520392.589604.jpg

Back
Top Bottom