Hi i'm new :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys :)

the black trash bag is a great idea i would have never thought of that

there is carbon in one of my filters, how long does carbon last and when should it be replaced ?

the wood was not boiled as i was hoping to lower my ph in the water a little which it did my ph went from 8.4 to 8.0 which is much better
i do like the water stain a little too it looks like a river bed my only worry is is that the plants won't get enough light

Carbon really doesn't do a lot for an every day use. Many of us don't use it at all. It is only good really for a few days then it starts releasing what it took out of the water back into the water.

Carbon really doesn't do a lot for an every day use. Many of us don't use it at all. It is only good really for a few days then it starts releasing what it took out of the water back into the water.

wow i didn't know it actually release what was in the water back into the water after a few day
thanks for the info
i have a few different filter pads in my filter right now so the carbon is going to come out

here's another updated picture of the tank with black background :)

also ordered 12 Celestial Pearl Danio which i think will go great with my current stock

Attachments

• fishtankk 014.jpg
    fishtankk 014.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 54
wow i didn't know it actually release what was in the water back into the water after a few day
thanks for the info
i have a few different filter pads in my filter right now so the carbon is going to come out

here's another updated picture of the tank with black background :)

also ordered 12 Celestial Pearl Danio which i think will go great with my current stock

Tank looks great and I like the lay out. Ill let librarygirl answer the question below, well now above ^^ lol she is probably better with plants. But I can tell you there are better light fixtures then those. So I'd look around and read reviews :)

thanks Andrew :) my cories, and danios seem to love it, i have some more plants coming and can't wait to get it fully planted and grown in !!!
i just wish my camera would take better pictures of my tank :/
i've been reading reviews about light for the last few weeks and my head is spinning lol to many options to choice from and too many different functions
my tanks is 30 inch across and it seems a lot of lighting is either 24" or 36" which is weird becasue my tanks is not awkwardly shaped or anything hopefully library girl can give me some good info :)

Just got 12 new Celestial Pearl Danio today these fish are super tiny no more than 1/2 an inch
my current stock is
6 leopard long fin danios (still not sure about these guys)
4 juli cory cats
3 salt and pepper cory cats
1 albino cory cat (planning on getting 2 more just waiting becasue the last stock the store had didn't look so good)
some ghost shrimp and misc. pink ramshore snails
here's a picture of my new babies they are eating their immune boost flakes now and they look great !!

Attachments

• cpdfish 002.jpg
    cpdfish 002.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 44
plants are growing great fish are doing well my updated fish list is
12 Celestial Pearl Danio (these fish are awesome i love them)
4 juli cory cats
3 peppered cory cats
1 albino cory cat
misc ghost shrimp and ramshore snails

i also have 2 berried ghost shrimp so i must be doing something right :D and my other danio got adopted by a friend because they were picking on my CPD they are really happy now in their new 50 gallon tank that my friend has

Attachments

• fishtank121812 012.jpg
    fishtank121812 012.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 39
i'm using api co2 booster no co2 injections yet though but thinking about it for better plant growth
also using root tabs and florish comprehensive

Nice! I have CPDs too, they are gorgeous little fish. Once they get comfortable and color up you'll really see how pretty they are. The males often flare and circle each other and flare for the females, it's really something to see. Good luck with them!

i really love them they are great little fish i'm thinking about ordering 12 more so i have 24 in my tank they love to swim around and are just now starting to livin up and come to the front of the tank when it's feeding time and when i come in the room
how many do you have in your tank ?

i just picked up 12 more CPD's to add to my tank and 4 panda cory's i am now going to be fully stocked can't wait to get them

oh and i also got some giant hairgrass as well to add to the back of the tank :D

Back
Top Bottom