Hi some advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a breeding box for my guppys , I know I shouldn't use them but one of my guppys are getting constantly attacked so I put it in the box, does it look like she's gona have babies soon and should I just release her and let her do it on her own, I just feel really sorry for her getting harassed , any advice will be apreciated :) thank you

Attachments

• image-2340328212.jpg
    image-2340328212.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 72
Jade10 said:
I bought a breeding box for my guppys , I know I shouldn't use them but one of my guppys are getting constantly attacked so I put it in the box, does it look like she's gona have babies soon and should I just release her and let her do it on her own, I just feel really sorry for her getting harassed , any advice will be apreciated :) thank you

Years ago,when i had my 1st fish tank and i had guppies,when mine got that fat like yours i too bought a breeding trap,she was't in long when she had her babies :) was facinating to watch,my breeding trap had a partition in it with small gaps for babies to fall through,as mother can eat them once she gave birth to all the babies,livebearers are facinating,i netted her out put her back into big tank and i reared the babies in the breeding box,i took partition out so thy had room,i fed mine on liquid fry then crushed flake once they got a bit bigger,when they grew to a decent size thy went back in big tank and grew into happy fish,i was pleased i managed to breed as i didn't know that much years ago.
Good luck with your babies !!!

Jade10 said:

She definately looks pregnant,my female didn't come to any harm.in my breeding box

Thanks :), there was no babies in the morning so I've let her out the box , she's not getting harassed too much now so ill just wait and see how she gets on, I'll post photos when there's fry , I'm very excited ?

Jade10 said:
Thanks :), there was no babies in the morning so I've let her out the box , she's not getting harassed too much now so ill just wait and see how she gets on, I'll post photos when there's fry , I'm very excited ?de00

No worries hope you manage to get some fry,adults will eat them.given half a chance,if you have plenty of plants and hiding places they stand more of a chance good luck.:)

There's no harm in putting her in one, just don't leave her in one for to long or it will only stress her out. Hopefully it all works out for you :) I have 3 platy fry and I am fascinated by mine.

Thanks everyone , I never put her back in the box but woke up this morning to 3 fry :) , I suppose the others got ate , looking forward to see them grow, got them in another tank x

Jade10 said:
Thanks everyone , I never put her back in the box but woke up this morning to 3 fry :) , I suppose the others got ate , looking forward to see them grow, got them in another tank x

Watching them grow is so much fun! I have my 4 fry in a 10g. Do you have fry food for them?

I had 2 preggo guppies give birth right in the tank and I now have over a dozen guppy fry! Its cool watching them hid in the plants and dart away from the bigger guppies.

Cool you have babies,you may find more if they get away and hide you may be surprised good luck with your little ones :)

I'm quite surprised how diferent they look every day :), I haven't got actual fry food but my LFS had said to use crushed up flakes , is that right?

I had 2 preggo guppies give birth right in the tank and I now have over a dozen guppy fry! Its cool watching them hid in the plants and dart away from the bigger guppies.

Yeh I agree, a dozen that's a lot :)

I'm quite surprised how diferent they look every day :), I haven't got actual fry food but my LFS had said to use crushed up flakes , is that right?

Yeah they should be ok with ground up flakes :)
I had Platys once and she was pregnant but i didn't have a breeder and one day i got up and she had obviously given birth during the night as of course she wasn't fat anymore,i could not see anything so thought they had eaten them,about a week later i saw 1 baby and when i fed othe platys i would grind up some flakes for baby to a fine powder,then my daughter happened to look in tank and found 3 more !!! I just kept putting extra ground flakes so they could get some and they grew fine.that was quite a few year ago now ...good luck

Jade10 said:

Yup. I just put a good but of flake food in a plastic Baggie and I crush them up, like into an almost powder. That's what I did with my fry and their still growing :)

Back
Top Bottom