Hi, there and help :^)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Gnuheart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We were recently given a 30 gallon tank with the following fish:
1 Ropefish - This guy is ~ 10 inches long
1 catfish of some sort - hides under a log all day
1 orange colored algae eater - I really dig him
1 algae eater - I have yet to see him
1 bleeding heart tetra - pretty fish but no personality
1 freshwater clown fish - very pretty but you literally do not see him during the day - after all the lights are out in the house, if you sneak back in the room with the aquarium you can catch a glimpse of him partying.

They seem to get along but I want to add a few more tenants. I don't want to crowd things, but we would like something that is a little more active during the day - hopefully something with a little color.

While we've found lots of advice about other things, i'd like some one to give us some advice on who might make good roommates for the above residents.

Thanks

We were recently given a 30 gallon tank with the following fish:
1 Ropefish - This guy is ~ 10 inches long
1 catfish of some sort - hides under a log all day
1 orange colored algae eater - I really dig him
1 algae eater - I have yet to see him
1 bleeding heart tetra - pretty fish but no personality
1 freshwater clown fish - very pretty but you literally do not see him during the day - after all the lights are out in the house, if you sneak back in the room with the aquarium you can catch a glimpse of him partying.
I think you must be talking about a Clown Loach!

oscars are pretty lively fish(but they get pretty big) mine will realy perk up when im by the tank lol. oscars are ok with other fish as long as they cant fit the other fish in their mouth.(at least mine doesnt bother my pleco...hes too big to fit in the oscar's mouth) Or adding some pretty fancy guppies will livin it up. Or if guppies are too small you can try mollies. Bettas have cool personalities and are pretty but only get one betta for the tank if you do get a betta.

Does that give you some ideas. Thats all the fish i have and their pretty cool and lively:).

Back
Top Bottom