High levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I've gotten rid of all my fish bc of tank size and being unlearned in cycling... However I still have small common pleco who I'm hoping to donate to someone asap. I did a pwc on the 20th and tested the water that day and tested again today... Still about the same and I've had the tank for close to 3 months and have had fish in it on and off.. Ammo levels are around .25 does that means just now starting to cycle??? What if I give the pleco away and throw in a shrimp??? Will that help ??

Plecos are pretty hardy, but to be honest, if you can give him away to a good home, I'd suggest doing that and finishing your cycle with a pure ammonia source, such as a raw (already dead) shrimp, or pure ammonia solution that you can buy at your grocery store. You'll have to give your pleco away anyway.

Yeah I am going to give him away I was going to keep him for my 55 but I realize that will even be to small in time and I'm wantin cichlids so :( bye bye pleco... Lol

Yeah I am going to give him away I was going to keep him for my 55 but I realize that will even be to small in time and I'm wantin cichlids so :( bye bye pleco... Lol

I know what you mean. My bf and I are really attached to our common pleco, but we have to give him up too in about a month or less.

Back
Top Bottom