Hoover problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ollymoran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have recently bought a battery powered hoover to clean my gravel in the tank. Only problem is its not sucking up anything. I've seen them working on you tube really well. Do you have to do anything to them other than stick them in and push the button?

The batteries are brand new.

Thanks for replies.

No lol..basically make sure all the bits are in .... Silly question ....are the batteries in the right way ? I have an eheim battery vac it's amazing ;)

Yes as far as I know I have set it up correctly. The batteries are in correctly as you can hear the motor working but when you put it over the gravel it doesn't do anything. Is there anything online I can check it against setup wise??

Well that is weird. I have taken the end attachment off with the forky bit off and it works! Why it doesn't all work is a mystery though. You have to be careful not to suck it right up or the gravel jams the little blades.

Wow 24!! Don't think I will try breeding. Sounds too complicated for me. Only have 100 litre tank also

I have an 80 and a 200 , but I think now I might have to get another :) fortunately the 80 was empty and waiting for me to decide who was going in , so now the babies have it all on their own :)

i only have another Biorb 60 with a few goldies in it. it is a knightmare to clean as cannot get a hoover in it cos of the shape but was ok when i first started fish keeping. This is a first for tropicals though.

Back
Top Bottom