How does this diet sound for my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
1. Guppies: TetraMin Tropical Flakes. I feed them twice a day.
-Should I be feeding them more or less?

2. Neons: the same flakes, twice a day as well.

3. Julii Corys: Hikari Sinking Pellets for bottom dwelling omnivores
-I assume they will eat any left over Brine Shrimp or Flakes that sink to the bottom, as well.

4. Frozen Brine Shrimp once a week for all.
-Should I be feeding this more often? Also, the day that I feed this, should it be twice a day in place of the flakes, or what? :confused:

5. Thanks!!! :D

I feed pretty much the same thing, but I feed them micro-pellets once a day and flakes once a day, instead of flakes twice. Also, I feed peas and frozen bloodworms once a week. The bloodworms are easier for my little endlers to eat, so there is less waste falling to the bottom. :)

Alright thanks... Do you think I should start feeding once a day instead... :confused:

I feed twice a day on most days. Shortly after I turn the lights on, and right before I turn them off, (8 hours in between). The days I work 12 hours though (3 days a week), they only get fed once a day. :)

Well for now I am home all day.
Starting September 7th I will be in school and only able to feed them at 7:30am and any time after 3:30.
Now that I think of it, I probaby won't have time in the am, so what do you suggest? Will it be okay to feed at 3:30 when I get home from school and then at night if necessary? I also have the weekend...

If you turn the lights on at 0730, and have time, you can feed them then. Then when you get home, you can feed them, and then turn the lights off. I feed around my light schedule, which is only on for 8 hours a day. You could also feed them once a day when you get home from school, and then twice a day on the weekends if you want. They will be fine.
I do always feed my little corys twice a day though, since they are still babies.

Ok, thanks. If I can't feed them at 7:30am but still want to feed my guppies twice a day because they are young, can I feed them for the second time at night again? Thanks :)

Depends on your lights. They need to be able to see the food. So if you turn the lights on in the AM, they won't be on later at night. You don't want to leave the lights on too long because of algae. :)

Thanks! I think I will feed lightly twice a day a now, and then when school starts I'll feed them once a day at around 3:30 and then twice a day on Saturday and Sunday.
Sound good?

Just to throw a different opinion out there... the majority of what i've read has told me that fish should feed with the light out, in the evening. Now, i have no experience or expertise, but that's just what i've heard. i'd also be interested to hear others opinions on this, as it is what i was planning to do so i'd like to know whether it would be reccommended. i have also heard many people say that only feeding 6 days a week with one day of fasting is best. i'd imagine a lot of it is trial and error to see how much your fish will eat and adjusting how much you give them?
But as i said, i don't have any experience or expertise so i apologise if i'm talking rubbish. i'm just interested in other people's take on this.

Some people do fast their fish, but I feed peas instead.
I don't understand the feeding with the lights out, as I don't know how the fish would see the food. The only ones I am able to feed when it's dark are my bottom feeders. :)

I don't think I have ever heard the lights out thing but I did hear about the day of fasting. I can't even imagine being able to do that as my fish beg for food 24/7!

Back
Top Bottom