How long do i need to wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got this aquarium from a lady on Facebook and I've set it up , got it filled up , water treated and it's been going since yesterday. I was wondering how long I should let it go before I can transfer my fish over. I'm still kinda new to the aquarium world and learning as I go, so cut me some slack lol thanks in advance :)

Thanks! My cousin told me she ran her tank and checked water temps and all that for about a week before she put her fish in . They're still alive. , but I wanted to ask around

Thanks! My cousin told me she ran her tank and checked water temps and all that for about a week before she put her fish in . They're still alive. , but I wanted to ask around
Did she test the water parameters, did you?

She checked her ph level.. I check mine every time I add water and once a week to keep an eye on it . I'm not putting my fish in until I know the water is ok

What about ammonia and nitrite and nitrate?
My guess would be that the tank isn't cycled. Watch the water parameters. Also, you probably have to re-cycle the aquarium.

What about ammonia and nitrite and nitrate?
My guess would be that the tank isn't cycled. Watch the water parameters. Also, you probably have to re-cycle the aquarium.

Um ammonia i don't know,the others I don't know either... What are those and where do I get the testing kit or whatever... I didn't do any of that with the 15g I've got my fish in now I didn't know to test it for all those things... My fish are healthy and alive , so I guess I didn't mess up too bad by not doing any of that lol

Um ammonia i don't know,the others I don't know either... What are those and where do I get the testing kit or whatever... I didn't do any of that with the 15g I've got my fish in now I didn't know to test it for all those things... My fish are healthy and alive , so I guess I didn't mess up too bad by not doing any of that lol
Refer to the fish cycle threads I gave you in the previous post. It is really important. The cycle starts from Ammonia(Fish respiration and waste)>>Nitrite>>Nitrate. The thread explains it all. Also, you can do some research for additional information.

Thank you. I'm not trying to argue but , I didn't do all that and I haven't lost a fish... I guess I don't grasp the importance . Since I didn't do it and no one i know has either. That sounds like a lot of stuff I'd end up screwing up lol

Thank you. I'm not trying to argue but , I didn't do all that and I haven't lost a fish... I guess I don't grasp the importance . Since I didn't do it and no one i know has either. That sounds like a lot of stuff I'd end up screwing up lol
Might be possible it's still not cycled, or you cycled without knowing:)

I read that cycling link you posted and it says add all this stuff and all these steps lol I know I didn't do any of that stuff lol how can the tank cycle by itself ?

My filter is good :) and I vacuum the gravel every 1-2 weeks and that lost water is replaced with treated water that's the same temp. And I add treated water as needed due to it evaporating

Back
Top Bottom