How long does it take to seed a fiter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm setting a 8gallon betta tank up and iv put my filter that I'm using for the betta tank into my 30G to try and get the bacteria I need to grow in the media, but what I want to know is how long does this process normally take?

Ah right, is there a way to check if it's fully seeded? Maybe put it in the new tank after 2 weeks of being in the cycled 30g and test ur water after a few hrs or a day maybe or do u need some form of waste?

If you have pure ammonia, that could be the "waste" to see if it could break down.....I don't know, I think someone more experienced with this seeding process needs to chime in because I'm fairly new myself.

Yeh it's a good idea and I'm going to do that with the 100G I'm setting up (eventually) I would do that with this but the filter for the 8G has quite specific media and I don't think media from the 30 will fit

Haha I like it! Unfortunately the little filter is 1 of those elite stingray filters and my big filter has pretty large pieces of foam in it so unless I start hacking away at it with some scissors I doubt there's much chance of it fitting lol

Back
Top Bottom