How many endlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheSmallFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many endlers in a 10 gallon the aqadvice stocking told me 12 with 5 cherry shrimp. Is this true?

I don't know that I'd put 12, maybe 8, but I would definitely say only get males, otherwise you will be overflowing with fry fast.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think 12 works seeing that the males have a much smaller bioload than their wives. All male Endler displays are as good as it gets with livebearers. I always have folks wanting all males. I call them male color packs and typically put between 2-4 color strains in each. The only other advice I'd give you is feed high protein flakes and make sure to feed several small meals daily. Don't count on the shrimp to eat too much excess food. I'd get some Ramshorn or Pond snail to help if necessay.

I just heard that I could have 14 males in there. He was in endlers for a lot of years.

I would suggest starting with six. 3-3 each sex. They will reproduce and regulate the population. For plants use dwarf hair grass or something similar for fry and shrimp to live in. As long as you keep the water clean you could have up to 20 at a time.

Oh sorry. Yes with the proper filtration you could have upwards of 14. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Just a thought that it might not be. Do you think if I lowered the amount I could get 2 honey gourami.

Don't put 2 gouramis in a 10g.
Yes if you lowered the amount to 6-8 endlers in total you could add a honey gourami.

Back
Top Bottom