How many harlequins for a 29g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

draX

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am busy settting up my new 29g tank...I am going for the nature aquarium look, with black background, single large piece of driftwood, and some nice green plants. I want to keep a large number of one type of fish, and I want them to school/shoal. I decided on harlequins, but I would like to know how many would be good. I have overstocked before, and don't want to do it again! The filtration is an Aquaclear 200.

I'd say 15 or 20, if they are the only fish in there. Should be a lovely display! I really like the idea of a planted tank with a single schooling fish species. :)

If in doubt, start with 12, then monitor your ammonia between water changes. If it stays at 0, add 6 more and check again. This should give you an idea. It does sound like a neat idea. Try tar paper for a black background. Its cheap, waterproof and has a flat, slightly textured look.

I have actually already painted the back and sides of the tank black. looks very nice! I'll start with 10-12 and see how it goes. thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom