How much is Ocean Rock/Reef Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cterzich

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw this really cool aquarium with Ocean Rock/Reef Rock. I want to guessamate how much the rock would cost me. Please let me know how much the common price is and if there a way I can get it really cheap.

There is base rock which is just dead rock that is dry with nothing on it. There is live rock too. I have no experience with the uncured live rock which is rock that is "live," but has yet to see a cycle. I bought cured live rock which I find that the average price is about $8 a pound, but can go as high as $15 a pound. It really depends on where you are located in combination with the supply/demand for the rock in that area.

Rock around here is about $3 bucks for the none fancy stuff. Anything real nice is about $8-$15.

Yes, I found this really cool place around me selling Lace for .75. I'm going to go check it out this weekend.

I'm just trying to make my tank look like this

11231finaltank2.jpg

wow, yeah lace rock would be your best bet there... btw that is an incredible looking tank... id love to have enough lace rock to make mine look like that

just remember lace rock raises your hardness and ph so its something to keep in mind.

Back
Top Bottom