How would you stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafish

Aquarium Advice Freak
How would you stock a 20 long, 25, or 29 gallon tank? I have all the supplies for a tank except the actual tank so I need to decide what I want. I live near Houston which has a lot of fish stores so I can get almost any fish I want!
Here's what I was kinda thinking

1 dwarf gourami
8 rummy nose or cardinal tetras (could I possibly have both in a 29?)
6 emerald Cories

I want this to be kinda a high activity tank because I want it in my living room.

I'm interested in some of the dwarf cichlids but which would you recommend for each tank size?

I think that stock could work for the 29g but I wouldn't add anymore. For the 20 long you could do a pair of GBRs or Bolivian rams, 6 cardinal tetras, a male betta/ dwarf gourami, and if rams (not sure if they're ok with shrimp?) red cherry shrimp.

A school of Buenos Aires Tetras are very active and are fun to watch! I recommend. If you want more aggressive fish you could get barbs.

If you like activity how about a nano tank?

Try:

20 Chili Rasboras
15 ember tetras
8 dwarf cories
5 otocinclus vittatus

I suggest getting the bigger tank, that way you can add more of a variety and it give you more room for mistakes. The smaller the tank the less room for error because of the volume of water. The stocking of a tank has a lot to do with filtration. What filter do you have?

Back
Top Bottom