Hubert's Fluval Edge Build Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after a week of deliberating between the fluval edge and the fluval chi! I decided to go with edge! Because it fits in my room nicer and the filter is alot more flexible! Chi's filter is so limiting, u can't even put what u want in there.

I bought the fluval edge yesterday. And got it running around yesterday evening. Currently have the biomax that came with the filter in my 10g and also grabbed some dirty poly-fibre from my 10g to help cycle my edge. Im loving the set up so far.

Primarily this tank centerpiece is going to be my Betta! My Betta currently is living in a Breeding box! This tank is long overdue! I don't think I want to make this a planted tank because the lights ain't the best for plants! So this is just gonna be a clean set up! White gravel with one or two ornaments that ain't gonna tear my Berra fin apart!

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i second the vot for drift wood. maybe a nice root piece?

Ya i was thinking driftwood too. But the idea of tannin is turning me off. Hmm then again it will be a small piece! It has gotta fit in my tank :p

Root piece does that leach tannin too?

im not sure if i should make another thread about this but i brought a brand new ehiem jager 50w heater for this tank! every since turning it on! the on/off light hasnt switched off at all!! im worried that this maybe a faulty heater! when i set the temp at 28degrees Celsius, my thermometer reads 28.5 to 29 which is acceptable. i decided to turn down the desired temp to 27.5! however the temp stays around 28~29 degrees. ive calibrate the heater 3 times or so, no difference made. (the on/off light was never off)

any insight on this problem?? im worried that it will overheat!

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
if the heater is broke get an aqueon pro i have one love it keeps tank ±1°

Ya Im thinking about that. I got this one for 43 bucks! Same wattage cost about 13 dollars online for aqueon

Back
Top Bottom