hungry fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa264

Aquarium Advice Regular
im alittle confused as to how much to feed. i put a pinch of food in and the bubbler and filter manage to stir it up good and my fish chase after it and after about 5 minutes they have finally finished chasing down all the particles and then they hang out at the top like they are waiting for more food..and when i do feed them(2-3 times a day) they are def. hungry..am i feeding them enough??

What kind of fish and how many? I feed my goldfish one pinch twice a day

Bother, didn't mean to click send!

I feed my two goldfish one pinch twice a day. You can miss a day out.

7 very small mickey mouse platies and a pelco...after i feed them and they figure out they arent getting any more they seem to forage on the floor looking for food that may have fallen...i feel sorry for them but i dont want to overfeed either for fear of the mess

Yeah! I don't know about your fish but goldfish tend to be very greedy!

Fish will always act like that. Their bodies digest the food quite fast so they always seem hungry. I feed mine a small pinch twice daily. Don't feed them anymore than what they will consume in a matter of a few minutes you will cause more problems for your tank if you overfeed them.

ok thanks...i know if i over feed ill regret it...i think ill cut back to twice a day and not three..

I agre 2 small pinches a day once in the morning once at night. You could literally feed every hour and the would eat . Nature has made their instinct to feed whenever foods available because food isn't readily available all the time in the wild. I usually leave 1 day out as it helps with their digestive track. By doing this you help keep your nitrites and nitrates down.

Back
Top Bottom