I DID IT AGAIN!! BETTA buy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I did it again! Ahhhhhh... Made a run into Petsmart for fish food and came out with the food, another plastic plant and a tiny little 1" female Betta...
The little females were on sale for .99 (from their usual $2.99)... I looked and looked and picked her...
Going home to get her out of the cup...
She's active and didn't flare at my finger. She is a dull mixture of blue, green, orange and yellow...

Why do I keep doing this? It's not MTS... It's MFS!!

But, hey she's cute!

:lol:I had my first impulse buy last week. I ended up with a 1gal. tank with mini filter 2 little plants and a decoration. Well, I had a hard time with the ammonia jumping sky high in a day sooooo...Today I went to petco, bought a 10 gal. tank and set it up with a few diff. fake plants and a decoration, maybe 2. Now the little guy should be happy!:D

RedNeck said:
:lol:I had my first impulse buy last week. I ended up with a 1gal. tank with mini filter 2 little plants and a decoration. Well, I had a hard time with the ammonia jumping sky high in a day sooooo...Today I went to petco, bought a 10 gal. tank and set it up with a few diff. fake plants and a decoration, maybe 2. Now the little guy should be happy!:D

I did a 1g impulse buy too....it is now a planter for some flowers (non-aquatic) I'm trying to grow out

Im sure she'll love it. Im gonna wait and see how his attitude turns after he's in his 10 gal. Then I'll decide if he will get some friends:D

Pic?
I really really want a betta
I just need a 2.5 gallon tank or a five

OHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!! After I moved her into the tank I see she's missing her left eye!!
It's not swollen or infected...

I think I need to make a quick return...

I have a pic of my halfmoon in his 1 gal. in my gallery. I dont know how to post to a thread yet:banghead:

Gboy66 said:
Why? Help the fish, nurse it to health (although it will never get its eye back).

Just went thru enough of an emotional tole with my dog who recently lost her eye... Has no relation to this fish, but just couldn't do it... Not with a new fish... I've traded her in for a similar looking female...

60630-albums9307-picture36656.jpg

She appears to be getting along well with her tankmates... She swims all over and is curiously watching them, but no aggression... Could it be because she's still young and was used to being with others at the distributor or something? Or She's a baby and just doesn't know any better yet?
We'll see :) so far so good

Her colors are dulling and her stress lines are more prominent... Although she's getting along well with everyone I think she would do better in her own tank.
I certainly won't return her to Petsmart, so I put her up on my Facebook and Craigslist hoping someone will be able to provide a nice home for her. Putting a requirement of a MINIMUM 2.5-5g tank...

This (once again) has proven to me NO IMPULSE BUYS!

Back
Top Bottom