I have a 10g.what FW fish should I put in it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWALK2828

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a 29g that i love, i have a 10g that my dad had as a kid. I would like to know what i should do in order to get it going. maybe getting some type of invert or turtle would be cool. any ideas?

Most turtles will outgrow a 10 gallon.
Inverts are cool.
I have 5 whisker shrimp and it is a hoot watching them eat peas.
They will skamper off with one in there mouth and one in each claw.

No different than with fish.
They tend to be bottom dwellers so you want good aeration.
They do like to have a place to hide, some decoration with cubbyholes or caves.
Don't freak out when they shed their exoskeleton, it looks like a dead shrimp, leave it in there, they will eat it and the calcium helps them.

Nope. I am still debating what I am going to do. I just found out I am moving this summer with work, so I may not add any CRS, because I don't want to move them. I will probably get some RCS in there soon though. The ammonia levels are finally starting to go down. The ADA aquasoil was a really pain to "cycle". The plants grow like CRAZY in it though, so I guess it is worth it.

Nope. I am still debating what I am going to do. I just found out I am moving this summer with work, so I may not add any CRS, because I don't want to move them. I will probably get some RCS in there soon though. The ammonia levels are finally starting to go down. The ADA aquasoil was a really pain to "cycle". The plants grow like CRAZY in it though, so I guess it is worth it.
where ya moving to? moving shrimp can't be that much more difficult than fish...unless it's across country i suppose. i figure shrimp would be easier since their bioload is pretty negligable.

I am moving about 10 hrs up the road. I wouldnt think it would be more difficult than moving fish, but at ~$10-15 I don't know if I am willing to except the risk.

Back
Top Bottom